NEXTPRENEUR Business Pitch Competition
Sponsored by Thinknext
The NEXTPRENEUR Business Pitch Competition is intended to help Developers, and aspiring Entrepreneurs and Social Entrepreneurs to develop and enhance their business skills in order to create a business model around the products they create and the causes they care about. NEXTPRENEUR Business Pitch Competition is your opportunity to win a nominal amount of startup capital for your business idea.
- Must be 16 and over to participate
- Must be prepared to pitch to a panel of judges an original business idea based on any technology product you have created or plan to develop or a social cause that you would like to address (i.e. software, mobile application, financial literacy, STEM, etc.)
- Prepare a brief one-page written summary of what you plan to pitch:
- Include your name / company name
- Brief narrative of what you plan to pitch
- Why you should be selected as a finalist
- Email submission to President@bdpa.org by August 10, 2016
- A select group of judges will select a total of 6 individuals and/or teams to compete for the $2500 NEXTPRENEUR Business Pitch Competition
- During the live competition on Friday August 12, 2016, the following will occur:
- There will be two rounds of competition
- Only 3 individuals/teams will make it to the second and final round
- During the first-round you will have exactly 1 minute to pitch to the judges
- If you make it to the second round, you then will have only 30 seconds to present your final pitch.
- Judges will be allowed to ask clarifying questions about your business, financials, value proposition, etc. So be very prepared!
- The winner will be selected by the judges after the final pitch.
Your pitch for the NEXTPRENEUR Business Pitch Competition should include the following:
- A stated problem or business opportunity
- Target consumers or benefactors for your product, service or cause
- Value Proposition
- Financial Projections
- Startup Cost
- Break even