BDPA is pleased to announce a new member benefit – free enrollment in a Security + Certification Course for qualified unemployed members and veterans.
CompTIA Security +®
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that demonstrates competency in:
- Network security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Application, data and host security
- Access control and identity management
Security+ not only ensures that candidates will apply knowledge of
security concepts, tools, and procedures to react to security incidents,
it ensures that security personnel are anticipating security risks and
guarding against them.
Candidate job roles include security architect, security engineer, security consultant/specialist, information assurance technician, security administrator, systems administrator, and network administrator.
Organizations that employ CompTIA Security+ certified staff include
Hitachi Information Systems (Japan), Trendmicro (Philippines), Lockheed
Martin, the U.S. State Department, Prestariang Systems Sdn. Bhd.
(Malaysia) and U.S. government contractors such as EDS, General Dynamics
and Northrop Grumman. CompTIA Security+ is one of the options for
certifications required by the U.S. Department of Defense, for military
personnel or military contractors engaged in information assurance
The CompTIA Security+ certification is accredited by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).The CompTIA Security+ certification may be kept current through the CompTIA Continuing Education program.
Course Value: $2,895
BDPA Member Cost: $1,295 ($0 with grant)
Delivery Method: Virtual Classroom with a live instructor using Cisco WebEx
Dates of course: Sept.24-28, Oct.8, Oct. 12, Nov.5, Nov 9, Dec. 3-7, and Dec 17-21 2012
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Hours: 9:00 A.M. 5:00 PM
Evening courses: 6:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday and all day Saturday
Simple Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Be a member of BDPA
- Be unemployed before and on the class start date
- Tell us your job goal in Information Security
- Planning to take the CISSP Certification Examination
- Submit your resume
- One paragraph on what this would mean to you be admitted into the Security + certification class
Login in and submit your application be sure to attach your resume and proof of unemployment status. It's that simple! Click on "More in this Section" to access the Grant Application.
Grant Exclusions and Conditions
- Candidates must provide proof of unemployment upon request.
- Classes must have at least 8 participants or the class will be cancelled.
- No refunds for expenses if class is cancelled
- Limit of one class per person per course session
- Candidate must have a computer that support Cisco WebEx conferencing software
- The total number of grants is limited
Send an email to email@example.com with questions.
Note: BDPA members that are employed or underemployed, can take the course for $1295.00 with $400.00 down and the balance paid in three installments 90 days. No interest .