Can you believe that it’s July already? We have made incredible strides toward achievement of our strategic goals and are well positioned to begin the next 40 years of our existence in grand fashion. Since my last update, we have continued to drive momentum and readiness for:
• Our 2015 Annual Technology Conference & Career Fair, which will include celebration of our 40th Anniversary;
• Launch of the Brand rejuvenation campaign;
• Enhancing Member Benefit Value through increased industry partnership; and
• Annual Technology Conference & Career Fair site selection beyond 2015.
Besides the activities mentioned above, we received an overwhelming response to the June incentives from the membership. During the month of June, we had over 600 membership renewals. As a result, we now have over 2,000 active members! As we rejuvenate our brand, programs and services, our reach and effectiveness will increase, further elevating us as the pre-eminent minority technology organization.
In the March and April updates, I announced that we had solidified our partnership with CompTIA. As a reminder, CompTIA is a non-profit association that advances the global interests of IT professionals and channel organizations. It enables them to be more successful with industry-leading IT certifications and IT business credentials, IT education, resources and the ability to connect with like-minded, leading IT industry experts. Please visit their website, www.comptia.org, for more information about their industry leading programs and certifications.
What does this partnership mean for you?
• Active BDPA members are entitled to a 40% - 50% discount on CompTIA certification exams such as A+, Network+, Security+, among others. You must be current with your membership dues. Any member wishing to take advantage of this remarkable benefit may email the National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Complimentary registration to the CompTIA ChannelCon annual industry conference (https://www.comptia.org/channelcon) . This fantastic networking and educational conference will take place Aug 3rd – 5th at Hilton Chicago in Chicago, IL. BDPA will be hosting the Welcome Reception on Sunday August 2nd at 7pm. All BDPA members (active or inactive) are welcome to attend both the reception and/or conference. Please register using this unique discount registration link
• Complimentary individual membership to CompTIA and discount channel partner membership. Get access to valuable industry research, networking events and training by becoming a member of CompTIA http://offers.comptia.org/bdpa/
• During the National BDPA Annual Conference, CompTIA has agreed to provide a handful of training workshops to BDPA members. This is another great reason to register ASAP for the conference. This complimentary training is a valuable member service benefit and I highly encourage you to take advantage of this special opportunity. More details will be in the Conference agenda.
We are less than 30 days out from our 2015 Annual Technology Conference & Career Fair. To ensure we are able to deliver and execute a great Conference, please be mindful of the following:
• Chapter Presidents must register their delegates no later than August 8. Please refer to the email sent by the Election and By-Laws Committee on July 6 to complete this process; and
• Register for the Conference as soon as possible. This will help us manage expenses and ensure that we are adequately prepared to accommodate you in terms of lodging, meals, etc.
• Make your hotel reservation today.
In closing, THANK YOU again for the privilege to serve our great organization as President. Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
Pamela L. Mathews