CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: NBDPA 2015-16
Nomination Deadline: April 21, 2015
The National BDPA is now accepting nominations for national positions of the organization. In accordance with the National BDPA Bylaws (dated August 16, 2013) Article 5 Section 4; nominations for the following national offices must be submitted no later than midnight April 21, 2015.
- Vice President
- Vice President of Finance
- Regional Vice President (4)
- Regional Director (4)
In accordance with its by-laws, the National BDPA's Election and By-laws Committee is seeking BDPA members to serve on its Board of Directors, with a term beginning on January 1, 2015 and ending in December 31, 2016. The
Committee invites those seeking to serve on the association's Board of
Directors to declare their candidacies by the deadline of April 21, 2015. Also, in accordance
with the National BDPA Bylaws (dated August 16, 2013) Article 12 Section 1,
proposals for amendments of the Bylaws must be submitted no later than midnight
April 21, 2015.
Use the following links to review supporting documentation.
- National Bylaws:
- Standard Operating Procedures - By-Laws and Election
Any Full BDPA member in good standing may submit names, including their own, into nomination electronically via the BDPA Web site from January 5, 2015 to April 21, 2015.
Chapter delegates will vote for the final candidates on August 20 at the Delegates' meeting, in Washington, DC,during the national conference.
Board of Directors members and officers must maintain full membership status to be elected and serve. Candidates should be willing to spend up to ten hours per month participating in committee work. It is preferable if applicants have: 1) at least one year of experience serving as a chapter officer; 2) have been a member of BDPA for at least one year, and 3) be familiar with the bylaws of the national association. To submit candidate's name and/or proposed by-law amendment change, please click following links:
Please email the Election and Bylaws Committee Chair, Judaea Yarde Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions or concerns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF ELECTED OFFICERS
- Shall serve as Chairperson and preside over all meetings of the NBOD, the NEC and "The Association”.
- Be responsible for seeing that decisions of "The Association” are carried out.
- Have power to appoint standing and Ad hoc committee chairpersons unless otherwise specified by these Bylaws and be ex-officio member of all committees.
- Service as official spokesperson of "The Association”.
- Ensure the national strategic plan is updated and followed by the NEC.
- Interpret the Bylaws of "The Association”. The decision shall be final, except upon an objection being raised and sustained by a majority vote of the members of the NBOD or NEC.
- Serve as the Vice President of Business Management and shall serve as chairperson of the Membership Committee.
- Preside over all meetings of the NBOD, NEC, and "The Association in the absence of the President.
- Fulfill the duties of Assistant Vice President of Finance.
- Be responsible for determining when a quorum has been reached at all meetings of "The Association.”
Vice President of Finance
- Manage all activities of the finance business area and shall serve as Finance Committee Chairperson and oversee and appoint the annual conference treasurer.
- Be responsible for maintaining complete financial records of all moneys received and distributed by "The Association.”
- Issue periodic reports in writing as required by the NBOD and NEC.
- Oversee the collection of fees and dues.
- Disburse funds as directed by the NEC or NBOD.
Regional Vice President
- Supervise and have charge of all activities of the chapters residing within their respective region.
- Develop, oversee and ensure "The Association's” strategic plan. This includes chapter compliance of the strategic plan within their region.
- Present a written report at the annual conference discussing the state of their regions.
- Assume position of the Regional Vice President in his/her absence.
- Oversee collection of required reporting information from the chapters in his/her region to assist the Regional Vice Presidents reporting requirements.
- Be responsible for developing and increasing chapter membership.
January 5, 2015
Call for Nominations.
Slate of Candidates and Proposed Bylaw Amendments posted on website
April 21, 2015
Nominations and Bylaw Process End (Nomination Closed 11:59 PM)
Chapter Delegates Names Submitted.
Nominee Acceptance/Declination Form forwarded to nominees
August 8, 2015
Chapter Delegate Declaration deadline
August 18, 2015
Get to know the Candidate Session
August 19, 2015
Review & Discussion of Proposed Bylaw Amendments & Voting
August 20, 2015
WA, OR, CA, NV, ID, UT, AZ, WY, MT,CO, NM, AK
ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH
PA, NY, VT, NH,, ME, MA, RI, CT, NJ, DE, MD, DC, Northern VA
KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, WV, NC, SC, FL, TX, OK, LA, AR, Southern VA