Paulette Johnson-Davis, VP Member Services
Paulette's career in Information Technology has spanned over thirty years. She began her career with IBM Corporation in Cleveland, Ohio as a Systems Engineer after graduating from Syracuse University.
Paulette retired from IBM after holding various positions including Systems Engineer, Programmer, Systems Development Manager, and Instructor/Developer. She is currently employed with BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in Columbia, SC, where she is an Applications Development Manager in Information Systems.
In addition to her professional history, Paulette has a long history of giving back to the community through various volunteer positions. She joined BDPA Greater Columbia Area Chapter in Columbia in 1997 and has held a variety of positions within BDPA at both the local and national level.
Positions held within the BDPA
Greater Columbia Area Chapter include:
- Education Coordinator (1998)
- President (2000 – 2001)
- Immediate Past President (2002 – 2003)
- VP of Finance (2004 – 2005)
- President (2006 – 2007)
- President (2008 – 2009)
Positions held at the BDPA National level include:
- Conference Director (1999)
- Conference Registration Delivery Manager (2002)
- Executive Assistant (2002 – 2003)
- National Conference Awards Committee Chair (2003)
- National Conference Command Center Delivery Manager (2003)
- Epsilon Awards Committee (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- Conference Awards Committee (2004, 2005, 2006)
- BDPA National Elections and Bylaws Committee (2006)
- National Presidents Member Services Task Force Chair (2006)
- BDPA National Elections and Bylaws Committee Chair (2007)
- Policies and Procedures Committee Chair (2008)
- Presidents Liaison (2008 – 2009)
Paulette was awarded BDPA National President of the Year in 2002.