Exploring Entrepreneurship - April 16, 2014
BDPA hosts ‘Cincinnati Blacks in Technology' to collaborate with the vibrant community of like-minded technology professionals of color in our city. The doors are wide open for those folks who passionate about all things technical. Our meetups encourage fun, socializing and high level talks on a variety of technology topics. IT recruiters and IT job seekers are both welcome!
Many of our members have thought about exploring entrepreneurship as a path to independence. This workshop will address basic questions that you may have about starting a business.
- What to consider when you are thinking about starting a business (especially when transitioning from Corporate America)?
- How to prepare yourself to start a business (reputation management, finances, discussions with current employer)?
- What are important considerations for starting a business (market research, legal, finance, banking and certifications)?
- What resources are available to small businesses?
- What can you expect on a personal and professional basis?
These are questions that will be addressed by our guest speaker, Crystal Kendrick, owner of The Voice of Your Customer (VOYC). Crystal has more than 20 years of sales, client service and marketing experience and has held leadership positions at three corporations. Crystal holds a BBA from Temple (PA) University and an MBA from Northern Kentucky University. Crystal is also trained in project management; Six Sigma improvement processes and she completed an Executive MBE Training at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College.
BDPA is blessed to have Crystal sharing her expertise and wisdom with BDPA members at this meetup.
We encourage all to come, participate, network, and of course, BRING YOUR RESUME!
Anyone ... regardless of race or color ... interested in technology is welcome!
RSVP Here --> http://www.meetup.com/TechLife-Cincinnati/events/155969792/