The end of the year and start of a new one is a great time to talk about what is going on and what could be for your chapter.
Here are 15 strategic questions to help your board fuel the conversation.
Looking at the past year ….
1. What are you proud of?
2. What unleashed your members' passion about moving your mission forward?
3. What brought out the most members?
4. What have you been doing that no longer gets the results you want or need? (Be brave. Be honest.)
5. If you could do one thing over, what would it be?
Looking at the present ….
6. How are you making your members (new and old) feel welcome in your chapter?
7. How do you make sure new members are getting the value that made them say yes to joining your chapter?
8. What kind of experience do members have when they volunteer for your chapter?
9. How do you celebrate leaders who get others involved – rather than those who do it all?
10. How do you train your leaders to be comfortable with new ideas?
Looking to the future and playing with what could be…
11. What would you have to do to double up your membership in one year?
12. If you were King of All and had no limitations, what would you want your chapter to do?
13. If you could let go of anything your chapter is currently doing, what would it be and why?
14. If the national organization was going to honor your chapter for being the ultimate chapter of the year, what would you want the reason to be for the recognition?
15. What could you do if your chapter had a surplus of volunteers?