Posted By Monique Berry,
Sunday, January 01, 2012
| Comments (0)
2012 New Year's Greetings to You!
I would like to thank you for the opportunity and honor of being the president of National BDPA for the next two years. I am thrilled to serve this incredible association and its extraordinary members. It is relatively easier to lead an organization that continues to flourish.
Much of the credit for NBDPA's recent accomplishments goes to Yvette Graham, the immediate past president and her leadership team. We appreciate their tireless efforts, continued support and dedication.
NBDPA will continue to grow and develop with the support of its committed leadership, chapters, members, and partners. Together, with the members of the new governing body, we will continue to move forward striving for excellence in every endeavor we undertake. Meet our Board of Directors
As with any established organization, we have some challenges ahead: getting our members involved and serving them, recruiting new members, establishing new chapters, and much more! Along with meeting these challenges for years 2012 and 2013, we will work to improve communication, increase corporate participation and identify additional revenue streams.
Here's a brief look ahead at what you can expect during the first 90 days:
- Registration opens for the 2012 conference in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Career Triage, a live webinar series presenting a 21st Century look at how to revive a stalled career presented by career coach, Janice Coleman. FREE! for members and $25.00 per class for non-members.
- Our membership campaign begins. Members who refer new members are eligible to win prizes such as a: Kindle, iTouch, Nano, Nook and more! Sign in nowt o refer your friends and peers.
- National officer appearances on BDPA iRadio program.
- Eastern Regional Leadership Conference and National BDPA Board of Directors meeting in Baltimore, Maryland.
- STEM Online Simulations page added to the National Website
- Regional Vice President Chapter assessments begin.
- Regional Vice President teleconferences with Chapter Presidents.
Check out our website as we continue to develop new partnerships that will provide more resources and opportunities for members in the coming year. View our calendar to watch for NBDPA events at a chapter near you! You will also see regular communications, news and updates on the website and in BDPAToday
. I encourage you to reach out, contribute, volunteer, and get involved. VISIT our Facebook
page, FOLLOW us on Twitter
, and JOIN our LinkedIn
Members are invited to provide suggestions, comments, and questions anytime, especially during the next 90 days, by using the Contact Us
form available on the website. I assure you, they will be reviewed carefully. Your voice is important to me, as it is to all of NBDPA and we can't do this without you. I commit my best efforts to NBDPA and its members.
On behalf of the NBDPA Board of Directors and Executive Committee, I wish you all a prosperous and successful year!
Monique F. Berry
Monique F. Berry