BDPA Members Have Access to a Robust Offering of Scholarships
BDPA's scholarship program, generously supported through sponsorships, offers nearly $100,000 annually in cash awards for students.
BDPA currently offers scholarships to qualified students studying technology related curricula at institutions of higher learning. The Association also sponsors scholarships to promote professionalism and the advancement of careers for technology professionals.
Explore the links below to learn about the variety of ways the Association and the industry it represents support access to education and professional development opportunities.
Other scholarships available to BDPA members that are offered via BDPA Education and Technology Foundation (BETF). The link to these scholarships can be found here --> http://www.betf.org/scholarships/scholarships.shtml
Upcoming Application Deadlines
Only BDPA scholarships with upcoming application deadlines are listed in this section. Click on the links below for further details and downloadable application.
Johnson & Johnson Scholarship
, June 2, 2017 – for students currently enrolled in a STEM-related major (with emphasis on Information Technology).
Note: For all National BDPA scholarships, applicants are limited to receiving one award per person, per year.
Applicants to the National BDPA Scholarship Program must:
- be a United States Citizen or legal permanent resident
- have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- have a BDPA membership - Member ID required. (Applicants who are not currently BDPA members may join now. Click on this BDPA Membership link.)
- be enrolled or planning to enroll in an Undergraduate Degree program in a technology or STEM related major no later than fall 2011 at an accredited Pell-eligible, four year college or university.
To be considered for additional BDPA scholarship awards recipients agree to:
- maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) in current degree program.
- maintain active BDPA membership status and be BDPA ambassadors. Recipients must maintain involvement with the organization through the BDPA local Chapter by utilizing the following opportunities:
- Drive the mission of BDPA and develop the pipeline on their campus
- Serve as an officer or committee in their local BDPA chapter
- Drive BDPA sponsorship and membership efforts
- Drive participation to BDPA Annual Technology Conference & Career Expo
- Attendance to BDPA Annual Technology Conference & Career Expo
- Other Minority or STEM orientated community/school events may be substituted if a BDPA chapter is not located within 50 miles
The BDPA Corporate Sponsorship Program offers corporations an opportunity to partner with BDPA to meet corporate goals and objectives for recruiting, employee development, and philanthropic endeavors. Please click herefor more information on corporate sponsorship opportunities.