BDPA is pleased to announce a new member benefit – free enrollment in a CISSP Certification Course for qualified unemployed members.
CISSP® - Certified Information Systems Security Professional
If you plan to build a career in information security – one of today's most visible professions – then the CISSP® credential should be your next career goal. It's the credential for professionals who develop policies and procedures in information security.
A CISSP is an information assurance professional who defines the architecture, design, management and/or controls that assure the security of business environments. The vast breadth of knowledge and the experience it takes to pass the exam is what sets the CISSP apart. The credential demonstrates a globally recognized standard of competence which covers critical topics in security today, including cloud computing, mobile security, application development security, risk management and more.
CISSP certification is not only an objective measure of excellence, but also a globally recognized standard of achievement.
Course Value: $2,895
BDPA Member Cost: $1,295 ($0 with grant)
Delivery Method: Virtual Classroom with a live instructor using Cisco WebEx
Dates of course: Sept.17, Oct.15, Oct. 29, Nov. 26, and Dec. 10 2012
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Hours: 9:00 A.M. 5:00 PM
Evening courses: 6:00 P.M. - 10:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday and all day Saturday
Simple Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Be a member of BDPA
- Be unemployed before and on the class start date
- Tell us your job goal in Information Security
- Planning to take the CISSP Certification Examination
- Submit your resume
- One paragraph on what this would mean to you be admitted into the CISSP certification class
Login in and submit your application no later than August 10, 2012 be sure to attach your resume and proof of unemployment status. It's that simple! Click on "More in this Section" to access the Grant Application.
Grant Exclusions and Conditions
- Candidates must provide proof of unemployment upon request.
- Grant recipients must obtain CISSP Boxed Set (All-in-One)[Hardcover] BY Shon Harris books can be ordered directly from Amazon
- Classes must have at least 8 participants or the class will be cancelled.
- No refunds for expenses if class is cancelled
- Limit of one class per person per course session
- Candidate must have a computer that support Cisco WebEx conferencing software
- The total number of grants is limited
Send an email to email@example.com with questions.
Note: BDPA members that are employed or underemployed, can take the course for $1295.00 with $400.00 down and the balance paid in three installments 90 days. No interest .